TCH930: Made from Aluminium and Steel lightweight models are 40% lighter than standard Weighing around 240 grams this represent a considerable weight saving for the active law enforcement officer. An average duty belt carries a pretty big payload so any weight saving is a bonus.
TCH Handcuffs possess the following features:
· 3 independently moving ratchet bars, with 6 teeth on each bar. The total of 18 teeth.
· All Superior models provides 25 locking positions and with 17% larger internal circumference than standard models.
· Rotating arm backloads for speed cuffing.
· Precision engineering ensures rotating arm swings through the handcuff, engaging the ratchet bars every time.
· Double locking mechanism.
· Two standard keys are provided with each Handcuff
I truly love these cuffs. Very light weight indeed yet just as strong as the "normal" versions of their cuffs. All edges are, as you would expect, nicely rounded off to not cut into the person. I personally think the police should have a version of these so that they can carry a couple pairs easily due to less weight, providing more comfort when people are handcuffed in the front palms facing. I think perhaps they should make a version that are slightly longer so that the distance between the cuffs is similar to the 840 rigid cuffs, that would be perfect.
I highly highly recommend these cuffs. Yes they are light weight but they are very strong, they are NOT weak. On a technical level, with the metal being a bit softer, the teeth may wear out "quicker" than standard models but realistically an average security guard or "home user" won't see that kind of wear and a police officer appears to get new cuffs now and then.